Traditional folk remedies worth a try – For Sore Throat, Stomach Pain & Headaches
Here are a few age old, tried and tested, super home remedies for sore throats, stomach ache and headaches.
- Salt water gargling – 3 times a day – morning, afternoon and night
- Deep steam inhalation (only under adult supervision especially for children)
- Eating or chewing pieces of pineapple (bromelain in pineapple relieves sore throat. Not recommended for those who get an itchy throat after eating a pineapple)
- Ginger tea:Boil an inch of ginger in hot water. Let it brew. Turn off gas. Sip this at regular intervals.
- Chamomile tea or brew fresh chamomile flowers in water and sip warm.
- Peppermint tea or brew fresh peppermint leaves in hot water.
- Carry lavender oil and rub it on your temples whenever you experience a headache.
- Install a diffuser at home or office and diffuse lavender essential oil.
- Rub ice cubes over the temple region.
Hot black tea toddy (for cold, cough, fever, flus):
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves
- 1 stick Ceylon cinnamon
- 1-piece star anise
- 1/2 tablespoon loose black tea leaves
- Raw honey (optional)
- 1 wedge lemon
- Add the ingredients (except honey and tea leaves) to 2 cups of water in a pan.
- Bring water to just below boiling and then remove from burner
- Add tea leaves and steep for 4 minutes.
- Turn off the gas.
- Add a tsp o 1 tbsp raw honey (optional) and serve hot with a lemon wedge
(Please note: If you have a certain medical condition and/or are on medicines, please discuss the ingredients with your healthcare professional before consuming them)