DIY – Herbal Hair Oil Mix
- 500 ml coconut oil (unrefined, unperfumed)
- 2 tbsp neem leaves (dried)
- 2 tbsp curry leaves (dried)
- 1 tbsp amla pieces (dried) or dried amla powder
- 2 tsp kalonji/nigella seeds/ onion seeds
- ½ tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 tbsp castor oil
- In an iron wok, take coconut oil, dried amla, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, neem leaves and kalonji.
- Heat it for 4 minutes.
- You will see that the mixture turns black in colour.
- Switch off the flame.
- Leave it overnight.
- Next day, strain it well. Now add castor oil and store in airtight bottle.
- We can use fresh amla and fresh curry leaves too, but just make sure they are not wet.
- Heat the oil a little prior application. Massage it on the scalp and leave it for a few hours followed by rinsing with a mild shampoo.
- You can use shikakai, hibiscus flowers, tulsi leaves too as per availability.
- Curry leaves strengthen the hair follicle and prevent greying of hair.
- Kalonji seeds are a natural antioxidant and help soften hair.
- Fenugreek seeds hydrate and moisturize the hair.
- Using neem leaves is an excellent way to curb dandruff.
- Coconut oil is a natural conditioner and has anti-microbial properties.
- Castor oil promotes hair growth and enhances the health of hair follicles.
- Vitamin C in amla helps produce collagen protein which stimulate hair growth.
Download PDF: Herbal Hair Oil Mix