Homemade Lip balm
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp castor oil
- 1 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp organic raw honey
- 1/4 tsp beetroot powder
- 10 to 12 drops of essential oils (lemon/orange/lavender)
- Melt the coconut oil ,castor oil and shea butter using the double boiler method (place the bowl inside the pot partially filled with water and simmer on the gas top).
- Stir it occasionally.
- Once the oils have melted well, take the pan off the heat .
- Now add the essential oil as per your preference, honey and beetroot powder.
- Mix it well and pour it in small containers with a lid
- Let it set in the fridge or leave it outside for overnight.
- Once the mixture is solidified ,it is ready to use!
- Coconut oil helps repair and moisturize chapped lips.
- The ricinoleic acid in castor oil helps retain the skin moisture.
- Shea butter is a healing agent for dry lips.
- Honey works as an exfoliator and can protect cracked lips from infection.
- Essential oils have an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect that soothe the swelling of cracked lips.
- Beetroot powder gives the lips a light pink colour.
Download PDF: Homemade Lip balm