Bottle Gourd CurryLuke Coutinho
- 1 medium bottle gourd (lauki), chopped into cubes
- 1/2 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chana dal or yellow moong dal (pre-soaked and drained)
- 1 tsp rai/mustard seeds
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp methi dana/fenugreek (pre-soaked and drained)
- 1/2 tsp haldi/turmeric
- 1/2 tsp mirch/chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dhaniya/coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard and cumin seeds and wait until they sputter.
- Add methi dana, chana dal / yellow moong dal and stir for a minute.
- Add the turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, salt and stir well.
- Now add the bottle gourd and stir it well till they are covered with spices.
- Add about ¼ cup of water to the pan.
- Cover and let it cook by stirring occasionally,
- Let it simmer in slow gas for 10 minutes keep checking on it.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot.
- We can make the same preparation for ridge gourd too.
- Can add jaggery for extra taste.
- Garnish with grated coconut and pumpkin seeds for more flavour.
- Wonder vegetable bottle is rich in dietary fibre, antioxidants, Vitamins B and C.
- It has more than 96 percent water and thereby prevents fatigue and keeps the body cool too.
- It is a suitable vegetable for elders as well as for children, people with flatulence, digestive problems, diabetics and those who are recovering from an illness or injury.
Download PDF: Bottle Gourd Curry
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today