Broccoli Mushroom Stir FryLuke Coutinho
- 1 medium cup broccoli florets (cleaned well)
- 1 cup mushroom (cleaned well)
- Himalaya pink salt as required
- 1 tsp fresh black peppercorns
- 1 whole bird chilly
- 2 tbsp spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 stalks celery – if available
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- fresh thyme and basil fresh (add on)
- few drops of cold pressed coconut oil
- half cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut cream /mushroom sauce as per availability.
- Wash broccoli and mushrooms under running water and keep them aside.
- Now, place a pan over a medium flame and pour water in it.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms in it and allow it to boil for 5 mins.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, chop garlic, spring onions and celery finely.
- Place a pan over a medium flame and pour few drops of oil in it.
- Once the oil is heated, add chopped ginger, garlic, bird chilly and celery and fry until tender.
- Now, add spring onions and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and fry the mixture for 4-5 minutes more.
- Now add the broccoli, salt, crushed peppercorns, lemon juice, thyme, basil and mix them together.
- Cook the mixture on a high flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Add on a drizzle of coconut cream / mushroom cream sauce.
- Stir it well.
- Turn off the stove.
Homemade coconut cream
- 3/4 cup coconut grated
- 2 ½ cups hot water
- Place coconut and water into a blender and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Blend the mixture on high for 5 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, strain the coconut mixture into a container.
- If using a cheesecloth use your hands to squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Put a lid on the container and store in the fridge.
- Within 24 hours, you will find that separation has occurred.
- The separation is the coconut cream that has settled at the top.
- The coconut cream can be scooped out and used separately in recipes.
You can again use up the coconut cream and pour the milk and cream into a blender and blend until smooth. This will produce a full cream coconut milk which can be used in any recipe that calls for coconut milk.
Download PDF: Broccoli Mushroom
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply