Curd Rice – A Bowl of ComfortPriyanka Vithlani
Curd Rice – A Bowl of Comfort
- 1/2 cup hand-pounded Sona masoori rice
- 1 cup A2 thick curd
- 1 tsp A2 ghee
- 2 tbsp carrots, grated
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 cups water
- Salt as required
- 1 tsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp black lentils/urad dal
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- A pinch of asafoetida/hing
- Wash the rice and add two cups of water to it.
- Pressure cook it for three whistles on medium flame.
- Once pressure releases, open and mash the cooked rice with a ladle. Let it cool down.
- Chop the coriander leaves and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with coconut oil and add the ingredients to temper.
- Let the mustard seeds crack and the urad dal turn brown. Add the curry leaves, and ginger now and fry for a minute. Switch off the flame. Keep aside.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Grate and set them aside.
- Now add the A2 curd and ghee to the cooked rice. Mix well.
- Then add the grated carrots, coriander leaves, and the tempered items.
- Mix everything well once again. Serve chilled.
- Curd rice is the best meal for bloating, indigestion, or diarrhea because curd is a great source of probiotics.
- Consuming curd rice helps to restore the microbial balance which, in turn, helps in better digestion.
- We can add a little millet that will be white and almost taste like rice, thereby a perfect replacement for rice.
- Vegans can use any plant-based yogurt in place of A2 curd.
- Pair it up with an easy, non-fancy salad made of slices of cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions, and relish it with a DIY vinaigrette. Click here for the recipe.
- Serve with beetroot poriyal/mushroom stir fry or any curry. Check out the recipe here.
- Follow the You Care Lifestyle Flow
- First, eat raw salad
- Then, cooked veggies
- Then, combine the rice or roti with dal/rajma/lentils (protein + carbs).
- You can add yogurt with it too.
- Read this to know more about the You Care Lifestyle Flow.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply