DIY Jackfruit and Almond Cookies – Curb Your CravingsPriyanka Vithlani
Love To Bake? Here Is the Jack(fruit) of All Trades
- 1/2 cup sattu flour
- 1/4 cup jackfruit flour
- 1/4 cup sesame and ground flax powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed powder
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 3 tbsp jaggery powder organic
- 2 tbsp A2 organic ghee
- 2 tsp cold-pressed virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp fennel powder/cardamom powder
- Salt as per taste
- Mix ghee, oil, and jaggery powder.
- Whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add fennel seeds or cardamom powder and salt.
- Drop in the sattu flour, jackfruit flour, grated coconut, pumpkin seed powder, and flax powder.
- Mix gently. Avoid kneading.
- If you knead it, the cookie will turn out to be chewy.
- Just mix and gather.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Roll out into thick chapatis and cut into cookie shapes.
- Use a fork to make insertions into the cookie.
- Since we are not using any raising agent, the insertions will help make the cookie soft and crunchy.
- Place the greased tray and bake at 170 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the top browns a little.
- Allow the cookie to cool down.
- Relish and enjoy.
Power tips and variations
- We can alternate jackfruit flour with raw banana flour too.
- Add chopped nuts if they suit you.
- The high-fiber content in jackfruit and the lower glycemic load make it a treat to relish for those who have diabetes too.
- Adding sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and ground flax makes it rich in phytochemicals, calcium, magnesium, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
No-Bake Almond Cookies
- 3 - 4 Medjool dates
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free steel-cut oats/oats groats
- 2 tbsp almonds powdered
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak dates in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Don't discard the reserved liquid.
- Blend the dates into a food processor until smooth.
- Add the date mixture and the other ingredients to a bowl and mix them.
- Roll into about 1-inch balls.
- Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Store in airtight containers.
Tips and variations
- If the mixture is too thick to process, add a tablespoon or 2 of the reserved liquid to get into the desired consistency.
Power tips and variations
- You can alternate dates with figs when unavailable.
- You can use peanut butter in place of almond butter if it suits you.
- Use raw banana flour or amaranth flour when steel cuts are unavailable.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Using almond butter and powdered almonds makes it rich in Vitamin E and magnesium and antioxidant compounds such as flavonoids and polyphenols.
- The resistant starch and good microbes present in steel-cut oats do all the marvelous work in your body like maintaining optimum digestive health, controlling and boosting your serotonin levels, keeping disease-causing bacteria at bay, and strengthening your immune function. 70% of your immunity lies in your gut.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply