Jackfruit Curry – An Antioxidant-Rich Desi CurryPriyanka Vithlani
Jackfruit Curry – An Antioxidant-Rich Desi Curry
- 250 gms raw jackfruit
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 1 medium-size tomato, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic flakes, crushed
- 1- inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies
- Few curry leaves
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds/methi
- 1/2 tsp turmeric/haldi
- 1 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp kokum
- 1 cup coconut milk
- A small piece of organic jaggery
- Salt to taste
- Cut a clean jackfruit into small pieces and put them into water immediately. This will ensure they do not discolor. Discard that water later.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and fenugreek seeds followed by nigella seeds, curry leaves, green chilies, and sauté for a minute. Add some sliced onions, ginger-garlic paste, and sauté until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté until well mixed.
- Now add chili powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, turmeric, and salt.
- Sauté for two minutes.
- Add raw jackfruit pieces and sauté for one to two minutes.
- Add kokum water, coconut milk, and jaggery.
- Pressure cook it on low flame for three to four whistles.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.
- The tropical jackfruit is loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and iron.
- It is rich in fiber. Adding a blend of anti-inflammatory spices gives this curry an additional immunity boost.
- Its antibacterial and antiviral properties earn it the moniker of a magic healer. But remember, nutrition doesn’t work alone. You have to work on adequate movement, quality sleep, and your emotional wellness too.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply