- 3 to 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, saunf
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp dry ginger powder or grated fresh ginger
- A bunch of fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, kali mirch
- A pinch of asafoetida, hing
- ¼ tsp organic jaggery powder/honey
- Black salt or rock salt as required
- 1 tbsp raw mango, finely chopped for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients (except water) into a processor.
- Grind until it all blends well.
- Add 3 to 4 cups of water.
- Store in earthen pots.
- Serve your jaljeera chilled with some finely chopped raw mango, lime wedges, and mint leaves.
- Tip: If you like your Jal-Jeera sweet, you can also add organic raw honey or jaggery to it.
- Cumin boosts the digestion process and relieves intestinal gas, acidity, and bloating.
- Black salt, rock salt, or asafoetida act as a good digestive.
- The fresh mint and coriander help regulate your body temperature and keep it cool.
- The grated ginger or ginger powder is a great remedy for nausea and treating abdominal cramps, too.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply