Jowar and Sprouts Bhel – A Desi Snack With a Healthy TwistPriyanka Vithlani
Jowar and Sprouts Bhel – A Desi Snack With a Healthy Twist
- 1/2 cup whole jowar, soaked for 12 hrs and pressure cooked with salt and turmeric and chilled
- 2 tbsp mixed sprouts, steamed and chilled
- 2 tbsp tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tamarind chutney
- 1 tsp coriander and mint chutney
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp roasted cumin
- ½ tsp jeera powder
- Rock salt to taste
- Coriander for garnish
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except the coriander. Mix this well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.
- 1 to 2 tbsps of A2 milk or coconut curd
- Jowar is not only rich in fiber and protein but also contains B vitamins and magnesium that help maintain calcium levels in the body.
- Adding sprouts adds the required crunch and is rich in B Vitamins and minerals like magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc.
- Eating raw foods in the form of chutneys is beneficial for health as it provides digestive enzymes and reduces inflammation.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today