Monsoon Special Momos
Enjoy this monsoon with nutrition rich and power packed Momos !
- Amaranth flour: 1 cup (can use jowar/ragi flour too)
- Rice flour: 1/2 cup
- Carrot: 1 medium sized – grated
- French Beans: 5-6 – finely chopped
- Cabbage: 1/4 cup – shredded
- Bell peppers :1/4 cup
- Peas: 1/2 cup – boiled
- Onion: 1 medium
- Garlic: 6 cloves – minced
- Ginger :1 inch – minced
- Ajwain : 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil: 1/2 tsp
- Pink salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Chop all the vegetables.
- In a blender, take all the chopped vegetables, ginger, garlic and pulse them till they are coarsely done.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir-fry the vegetables for few minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, ajwain and then mix well allowing the mixture to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix in the amaranth and rice flour along with a pinch of salt. Add water and knead it into a dough. Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes (cover the dough with a soft muslin cloth and set it aside).
- Divide the dough into smaller portions and roll out each smaller portion into a thin circular sheet.
- Fill the stuffing in these thin sheets, then fold the edges into the shapes of a momo.
- Seal the edges well and steam for about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with any homemade chutney if you would like.
- Most momos are made of refined flour, which makes this a healthier option.
- Friendly snack for all – right from children to diabetics.
- The stuffing can be replaced with grated coconut, nuts, jaggery and cardamom to satisfy to the sweet buds too.
- Adding ginger and ajwain makes it easier to digest.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Monsoonspecialmomos