Moringa Khichdi-Taste and nutrition bite by bitePriyanka Vithlani
Moringa Khichdi-Taste and nutrition bite by bite
- Pressure cooker
- 500 g hand pounded sonamasuri rice
- 50 g moong dal
- 50 g masur dal
- 1/4 cup green leafy vegetables as per availability or fresh coriander finely chopped
- 2 tsp moringa powder
- 75 g sweet potato
- 3/4 cup cauliflower, beans, carrot, peas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or A2 cow ghee
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- half inch ginger grated
- 1 tsp immunity powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- additional spices as per choice
- 500 ml water
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- In a pressure cooker, add 1 tbsp oil/ghee sauté the ginger-garlic. paste
- Now add the chopped vegetables and sweet potato.
- Add rice, dals, salt, immunity powder, turmeric powder, pepper and cook it for some time.
- Lastly add leafy vegetables, moringa powder and cook it till all the ingredients soften.
- Add water and close the lid.
- Let it pressure cook for three to four whistles.
- Once cool, open the lid mix the khichdi with a ladle.
- Pour some ghee and serve hot.
- It is a rich source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- It is rich in antioxidants.
- It fights inflammation.
- It helps manage blood sugar levels.
- It is a powerful immunity booster and helps improve haemoglobin levels.
- Can add Sprouts too in place of dals.
- Can add fresh finely chopped moringa leaves too instead of moringa powder.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today