Moringa KhichdiLuke Coutinho
- 500g hand pounded sonamasuri rice
- 50g moong dal
- 50 g masur dal
- 1/4 cup green leafy vegetables as per availability or fresh coriander finely chopped
- 2 tsp moringa powder
- 75 g sweet potato
- 3/4 cup cauliflower, beans, carrot, peas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or A2 cow ghee
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- half inch ginger grated
- 1tsp immunity powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- additional spices as per choice
- 500 ml water
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- In a pressure cooker, add 1 tbsp oil/ghee sauté the ginger- garlic. paste
- Now add the chopped vegetables and sweet potato.
- Add rice, dals, salt, immunity powder, turmeric powder, pepper and cook it for some time.
- Lastly add leafy vegetables, moringa powder and cook it till all the ingredients soften.
- Add water and close the lid.
- Let it pressure cook for three to four whistles.
- Once cool, open the lid mix the khichdi with a ladle.
- Pour some ghee and serve hot.
Benefits of Moringa:
- It is a rich source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- It is rich in antioxidants.
- It fights inflammation.
- It helps manage blood sugar levels.
- It is a powerful immunity booster and helps improve haemoglobin levels
- Can add Sprouts too in place of dals.
- Can add fresh finely chopped moringa leaves too instead of moringa powder.
Download PDF: Moringa Khichdi
Need help to reach your wellness goals? We help you find a way. Be a part of a personalized You Care Wellness program that revolves around YOU and work one-on-one with our integrative team of experts. Speak to our wellness consultants on 1800 102 0253 or email us at email@example.com to know more.
Why Choose You Care Wellness?
Because we help you find a way
- Luke Coutinho
Our You Care wellness programs are designed around the five fundamental intelligent systems within the human body involved in prevention, recovery, and rebuilding. Every program and protocol after a thorough diagnosis and prognosis is built around - Angiogenesis, DNA repair, Immunity and Inflammation, the Gut Microbiome, and Stem Cell Regeneration. Our approach involves using food synergy and deep cellular nutrition, exercise, sleep, and enhancing emotional wellness and lifestyle.
Our You Care wellness program respects the uniqueness of a person and works with an understanding that no one shoe fits all. Every program and journey is personalized according to the person's past and present lifestyle, ailment/disease, symptoms, and root causes. In integrative and lifestyle medicine, we focus on addressing the root cause of the problem and work to manage the side effects of medications and treatments that may cause secondary problems, issues, and discomfort. While symptoms are being treated, root causes must be addressed, and rebuilding with a focus on future prevention is important. On this journey with us, you have a team of highly trained nutritionists, clinical dietitians, allopathic doctors, yoga therapists, life coaches, and certified emotional counselors that will be assigned to your case according to your condition, if required.
Every disease requires this approach, from a simple case of acne to a rare syndrome, cancer. We help you find a way.
Our programs in no way guarantee you a cure or miraculous healing. We will never sell you anything in that light. We believe in a structured approach, knowledge, research, wisdom, and years of experience coming together to assess you and your condition as a unique one and plan your protocol along those lines.
We are not a replacement for your medical team and will never suggest otherwise unless we feel that your current medical approach is ineffective and dangerous to you.
We put care, love, respect, and understanding in our approach and design healthcare around the person first and then the disease. It is our commitment to simplifying health and lifestyle. We want to make wellness more enjoyable and wonderful, instead of horrible.
We commit our best to everyone who comes to us and while we can't always promise the result, we always promise to be there for you and give it our all to you, your family, loved ones. Our only hope is for you to get better and live a happier and healthier life.
A cure is not possible for many illnesses, but we firmly believe that there is always room for healing. Healing can be experienced as acceptance of illness and peace with one's life. This healing, we believe, is at its core - spiritual. Healing can comprise acceptance, letting go, the forgiveness of oneself or others, seeing with a different perspective, hope, faith, belief, prayer, and so much more. Healing is never someone making a promise to you that you will get better by selling you a special medicine, supplement, chant, prayer, magic stones, magic oils, and so on. Healing and recovery are different. In our experience, we see dying patients who start to heal, and sometimes as they heal the past and present, their condition can improve, sometimes, nothing happens, but the patient gets emotionally happier and stronger as they heal at all levels even if the disease cannot be cured.