Poha Chiwda (Traditional Indian Snack)
- Poha/Beaten rice- 2 cups (preferably thin and roasted)
- Jeera/Cumin 1tsp
- Rai/Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal 1/4 tsp
- Chana Dal 1/4 tsp
- Bengal gram roasted 2 tbsp
- Peanuts 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder 1tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves 1 – 2 sprigs
- Chaat masala 1 tsp
- Immunity boosting powder 1 tsp (recipe)
- Pink salt to taste
- Cold pressed coconut Oil 1 – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal and chana dal.
- When they start spluttering, add peanuts and bengal gram.
- Now add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, curry leaves, chaat masala and Immunity powder.
- Add poha now and fry well in medium heat until poha is well roasted (around 10 mins in medium flame is good enough).
- Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Store in airtight containers.
- Can add makhana for extra crunch.
- Nuts and seeds can be added too.
Download PDF: Poha Chiwda
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Luke Coutinho practices in the field of Holistic Nutrition and Integrative and Lifestyle Medicine. He is the pioneer and founder of the You Care Wellness Program which has consulted and treated over 20,000 patients globally. This integrative lifestyle program revolves around five fundamental pillars - Cellular Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, Emotional Detox, and the Spirit. It has now stemmed into a beautiful community with over a million people. His free videos, blogs, challenges, and programs have helped people reverse lifestyle conditions, put cancers into remission, and overcome suicidal tendencies to live happier lives.
Luke has authored four bestsellers and won several national and international awards. He is the Champion for Lifestyle and Wellness for PM Narendra Modi’s Fit India Movement. He is the founder of India's first ethical wellness platform, You Care Lifestyle, where all things are verified by Luke and his team. He is also the founder and chief program mentor for Integrative Nutrition and Dietetics courses at the Lifeness Science Institute (LSI). He travels the world to speak on holistic wellness and empower people to live their most extraordinary life.
Leave a Reply