Ramadan Special Chicken KhichdiPriyanka Vithlani
Ramadan Special Chicken Khichdi
- Pressure cooker
- Wooden ladle
- 350 gms chicken breast organic hormone free chicken
- 4 tbsp presoaked masoor dal
- 4 tbsp presoaked moong dal
- 1/2 cup hand pounded Sona Masoori rice
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 1 chilly
- 3 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 2 dried red chilly
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp A2 ghee
- salt as per taste
- 2 cups water
- Wash and clean chicken carefully and chop it into small bite-sized pieces.
- Marinate with half of the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Cover this and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Now take a pressure cooker and add ghee.
- Followed by asafoetida, bay leaves, pepper powder, dry red chillies, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, and let them crackle.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies, and cook for 5 minutes .
- Then add ginger-garlic paste and sauté till they are golden brown.
- Now add chopped carrot and potatoes.
- Cover and let it cook well.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and mix well so that all the pieces get coated evenly.
- Now add tomato and other dry ingredients with salt.
- Cover and let it cook until a fine aroma and a thick gravy is formed.
- Now add the pre-soaked dal followed by rice.
- Add 2 cups of warm water next. Mix well.
- Cover with the lid and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once done, serve hot with a dollop of ghee.
- Khichdi is not just a perfect combination of rice and lentils but also rich in Vitamins, Calcium, fibre, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Easy to digest one pot meal relished from babies to senior citizens.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply