Raw Banana Flour PancakesLuke Coutinho
- 1 cup banana flour
- 2 tbsp sattu flour
- 1/2 – 1 cup fresh and unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 eggs or 1 tbsp flax seeds beaten with 3 tbsp water to form a jelly like paste
- 1 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil or organic A2 ghee
- ½ tsp of pink salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Sri Lankan cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp raw unpasteurized honey
- Ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- Place all ingredients except the ghee/coconut oil in a blender or food processor and blend on medium until its mixed well.
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee/coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat, tilting the pan until it is completely covered.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the mixture into the pan, quickly tilting once again to spread the pancake.
- Cook for around 1 minute, then flip and cook for another minute.
- Repeat the process until all your pancakes are cooked.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of raw honey/ liquid jaggery or savoury topping of your choice.
- Raw banana flour is low in sugar and contains high resistant starch, which makes it ideal for diabetics too since the starch present in this flour improves insulin sensitivity.
- Rich in fibre and the resistant starch, this flour gives us a feeling of fullness and satisfaction, reducing frequent hunger pangs and in the long run helps weight loss.
Add 1 tbsp to the roti flour/chilla flour/dosa idly batter and use it for baking. Add it to thicken soups, gravies and reap the nutritional benefits of calcium, potassium, Vitamin B6, C, zinc, dietary fibres and potassium present in it.
DOWNLOAD PDF: RAW BANANA FLOUR PANCAKES
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today