- 1 cup rice (hand pounded sonamasuri rice)
- 1/2 cup moong dal (split green dal soaked for 8 hrs)
- 200 grams pumpkin – cut into small cubes
- 2 medium sized onion – finely chopped (optional)
- 1 fine chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 2 tsp grated ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 black mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp hing/asafoetida
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1-2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp A2 cow ghee
- 3 cups water
- coriander leaves for garnish
- Chop pumpkin in small cubes.
- Take a cooker, add A2 ghee and black mustard seeds, cumin seeds and hing.
- Add chopped onion, tomatoes and pumpkin to it.
- Add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, salt for taste, and dry coriander powder.
- Add washed rice and moong dal to it.
- Mix properly and on a low flame cook for two minutes.
- Add water and cook on a medium flame in the pressure cooker.
- After 5-6 whistles, turn off the gas.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Pumpkin Khichdi is ready! Serve hot with a dollop of A2 ghee.
- It is a complete wholesome food that is basically a mixture of dals/lentils, rice and vegetables of your choice.
- It is one of the best one-pot recipes for babies/seniors with vital all vitamins and nutrients.
Download PDF: Soothing Pumpkin khichdi