Summer Drinks to Beat the HeatLuke Coutinho
1. Ragi Ambil
- Nachani Flour (Ragi / Finger Millet Flour) ¼ cup
- Jeera/Cumin powder – 1tsp
- Buttermilk as required
- Salt / Rock Salt to taste
- Add ¼ cup water to Nachani Flour and make a smooth paste.
- Heat about ½ ltr water in a pan.
- Add to the water. Add Salt.
- When water starts boiling, add Nachani paste to the pan and cook on low flame stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Cook the flour. It will take 7-8 minutes to cook it.
- Switch off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Upon cooling keep it in refrigerator for chilling.
- While serving add Nachani mixture and buttermilk in a glass. Mix it. Garnish with fresh coriander or roasted cumin powder. Serve chilled.
2. Lemon grass and mint iced tea
- Lemon grass – chopped 3 tbsps
- Crushed mint leaves 3-4 in no
- Water 1 glass
- Black salt – a pinch
- Lemon juice 1/2-1tsp
- Jaggery or raw honey ½ tsp
- Take mint and lemon grass with 1 glass of water and blend it well.
- After blending, strain it and add additional 1 glass of water to it. Mix honey, lemon, black salt, crushed ice and stir it well.
3. Variyali Sherbet (Fennel Cooler)
- 5 tablespoons variyali/fennel seeds, roasted and finely ground
- Jaggery or honey 2 tsp
- lemon juice (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- Soak the fennel seeds powder, salt and jaggery powder in 4 glasses of water for about 5-6 hours, preferably overnight. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator.
- After the mixture has soaked well, strain the mixture well.
- Adjust to preferred taste by adding a glass of water, and including juice of one or more lemon if you do not like it very sweet.
- Serve chilled.
4. Bael /wood apple squash:
- Bael fruit: 1 ripe
- Crushed elachi/cardamom
- A pinch
- Rock salt to taste
- Jaggery as per the sweetness required
- Break open the one bael fruit (ripe), scoop out the pulp in a vessel. 2. Cover with water fully. Run in a blender for 10 secs.
- Strain and add organic jaggery, crushed elaichi and rock salt. Chill at the time of serving dilute with water, add a few drops of lemon.
5. Sol Kadhi:
- Dried kokum (unsalted) – 6-8 pieces
- Pink salt – to taste
- Hing (asafoetida) – a pinch.
- Green chilies (crushed) – 1/2 tsp – optional
- Curry leaves – 3-4 leaves
- Thin coconut milk – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Grated ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Crushed garlic (optional)
- Soak kokum in warm water or normal water for few minutes and later extract the kokum water (just like extracting tamarind juice).
- Transfer the kokum water in a bowl and add coconut milk, pink salt, hing and mix it well.
- Take freshly crushed green chilies, ginger and garlic in a strainer and dip it in kokum water so as to extract its flavors.
- Now add little coconut oil in a pan for tempering. When the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds, curry leaves and mix it in the kokum mixture.
- Sol Kadhi/kokum coolant is ready to serve!
Note : Please keep your healthcare professional in loop before adding any new food into your plan especially if you have a medical condition. Do not consume any food that does not suit you.
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.