Sweet Potato Halwa
- 1 large or 1 cup sweet potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed.
- 2 tablespoon A2 cow ghee.
- ½ cup almond milk/coconut milk.
- 2-3 tablespoons of powdered jaggery (depends on the sweetness of the sweet potato)
- ¼ teaspoon green cardamom seeds powder
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg.
- 1-2 tablespoons almonds or cashews, chopped
- Boil the sweet potato in a pressure cooker with enough water till it gets soft or for 5-6 whistles.
- Once it is cool to touch, peel and mash it.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot, mix in mashed sweet potato and cook with stirring till all the moisture evaporates.
- Then add almond milk/coconut milk and again cook till all the moisture goes away.
- Then mix in jaggery, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and cook by stirring continuously till it leaves the sides of the pan and ghee starts to ooze out.
- Lastly, add chopped nuts and it is ready to serve!
- Adding 1/2 tsp of raw cacao will give the chocolate sheera finish.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot
Download PDF:Sweet potato halwa
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Luke Coutinho practices in the field of Holistic Nutrition and Integrative and Lifestyle Medicine. He is the pioneer and founder of the You Care Wellness Program which has consulted and treated over 20,000 patients globally. This integrative lifestyle program revolves around five fundamental pillars - Cellular Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, Emotional Detox, and the Spirit. It has now stemmed into a beautiful community with over a million people. His free videos, blogs, challenges, and programs have helped people reverse lifestyle conditions, put cancers into remission, and overcome suicidal tendencies to live happier lives.
Luke has authored four bestsellers and won several national and international awards. He is the Champion for Lifestyle and Wellness for PM Narendra Modi’s Fit India Movement. He is the founder of India's first ethical wellness platform, You Care Lifestyle, where all things are verified by Luke and his team. He is also the founder and chief program mentor for Integrative Nutrition and Dietetics courses at the Lifeness Science Institute (LSI). He travels the world to speak on holistic wellness and empower people to live their most extraordinary life.
Leave a Reply