Sweet Potato Halwa
- 1 large or 1 cup sweet potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed.
- 2 tablespoon A2 cow ghee.
- ½ cup almond milk/coconut milk.
- 2-3 tablespoons of powdered jaggery (depends on the sweetness of the sweet potato)
- ¼ teaspoon green cardamom seeds powder
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg.
- 1-2 tablespoons almonds or cashews, chopped
- Boil the sweet potato in a pressure cooker with enough water till it gets soft or for 5-6 whistles.
- Once it is cool to touch, peel and mash it.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot, mix in mashed sweet potato and cook with stirring till all the moisture evaporates.
- Then add almond milk/coconut milk and again cook till all the moisture goes away.
- Then mix in jaggery, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and cook by stirring continuously till it leaves the sides of the pan and ghee starts to ooze out.
- Lastly, add chopped nuts and it is ready to serve!
- Adding 1/2 tsp of raw cacao will give the chocolate sheera finish.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot
Download PDF:Sweet potato halwa