Versatility and deliciousness-All in one pot Vegetable stewPriyanka Vithlani
Versatility and deliciousness-All in one pot Vegetable stew
- Cast iron kadhai
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat ½ tbsp coconut oil.
- Further, add ½ onion and sauté till they shrink slightly. Do not brown the onions.
- Add beans, carrot, potato, peas, cauliflower, green chilli and 1 tsp immunity powder. Sauté for a minute.
- Furthermore, add water, salt and few curry leaves. Mix well.
- Cover and boil for 5 minutes or till vegetables are half cooked.
- Now add coconut milk (thin consistency) and mix well.
- Boil for 7-8 minutes or till vegetables are cooked completely.
- Turn off the flame and add few curry leaves, ¼ cup thick coconut milk and 1 tsp coconut oil. Mix well. Serve hot.
- 7 tbsp Organic turmeric powder (haldi)
- 4 tbsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 4 tbsp Coriander seeds (dhaniya)
- 7 tbsp Fennel seeds (saunf/variyali)
- 2 tbsp Dry ginger powder (saunth)
- 2 tbsp Whole black pepper (kali mirch)
- 1/2 tbsp SriLankan rolled cinnamon powder (dalchini)
- 3 tbsp Cardamom (whole elaichi)
- Keep turmeric powder and dry ginger powder in a separate bowl (no roasting)
- Lightly roast all the remaining ingredients on a slow flame till you get a nice aroma. (avoid burning of spices)
- Once cooled, transfer them in a grinder and grind them to a powder.
- Add turmeric and dry ginger powder to it and mix with a dry spoon.
- Store in a clean, air tight glass or steel jar.
- Coconuts contain medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), capric and caprylic acid that are less likely to be stored as fat and are energy giving.
- The immunity powder helps boost immunity and fight inflammation.
- Vegetable stew makes a perfect comforting dish on any day. It’s vegan, gluten-free, low carb and can be made full of vegetables as per availability.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today