5 Healthy Dips for 5pm Hunger PangsLuke Coutinho
Time to replace those cheesy and sugary dips with healthy and easy varieties. Here are our top 5 recipes to satiate those evening hunger pangs (if you are genuinely hungry that is!)
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro OR parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 large lime, juiced (about ¼ cup lime juice)
- Rock Salt to taste
- In a serving bowl, combine the prepared mango, bell pepper, onion,
- cilantro/parsley and jalapeño. Drizzle with the juice of one lime and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt. For best flavour, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Few sprigs of parsley/celery for garnishing
- Rock salt to taste
Blend all ingredients into a smooth paste and garnish it with parsley or celery
Minty Pea Dip
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped mint
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (reserve some zest for garnish)
- Rock salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- If using fresh peas: Bring a small pot of water to boil, add the peas and cook for 1
minute. Strain and plunge into an ice bath to stop cooking.
- If using frozen peas: Defrost peas overnight in refrigerator.
- Place blanched or defrosted peas in a small food processor with mint, lemon zest
- and juice. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Sweet Potato Hummus:
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into chunks. Cook in a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Mash with a potato masher and set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to a food processor.
- Add the cooled mashed sweet potato, water, freshly squeezed lemon juice, tahini, garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, if desired, alongside pita or naan bread and sliced vegetables.
Mayo herbed Dip
- Hung curd – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Powdered jaggery: ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice: 1tsp
- Crushed garlic – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Mixed herbs- 1 tsp
- Take an empty bowl and place the strainer on top.
- Double a kitchen cloth and put it on the strainer.
- Pour the curd in the cloth, hold up the ends of the cloth and squeeze it gently.
- Once the water starts draining out, keep it back on the strainer and refrigerate this for 6-8 hours.
- Take 2 tablespoons of hung curd in a bowl and then add the powdered sugar to it.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Add crushed garlic and olive oil.
- Add crushed pepper and mixed herbs according to taste.
- Mix well.
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.