Avocado / Butter Fruit SpecialLuke Coutinho
Serving size: 1
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pureed.
- 1/2 green chilli
- 1/2 ethically sourced A2 milk curd (dahi/yogurt)
- 1 tsp roasted peanuts (moongphali), crushed
- coriander (dhania) leaves – a bunch, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera), roasted
- pinch of chaat masala
- salt, to taste
- red chilli powder, to taste
- To prepare the Avocado Raita, take the peeled avocado, scoop out the flesh and roughly chop it up into small bits.
- Put the chopped avocado bits into the blender. Add the 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt, salt, coriander leaves, chat masala, cumin powder and green chilli and blend them together to form a smooth paste.
- In another bowl, pour in the remainder of the yogurt beat it gently, adding in the avocado mixture at this stage. Check the salt and adjust to suit your taste.
- Finally, add the roasted peanuts and sprinkle red chilli powder into the Avocado Raita just before serving.
- Can add steamed moong sprouts too in place of peanuts.
Avocado mint soup:
Serving size: 2
- 2 avocados
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2-inch ginger, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5-10 mint leaves (pudina)
- 1 tsp cold pressed groundnut / coconut oil
- 2 Fresh Red chillies.
- To begin making the Avocado Mint Soup recipe, take a saucepan, add the required oil and sauté garlic, red chilli and onion. Allow it to cool.
- Blend avocado, sautéed garlic and chilli mix with ¾ cup of water in a blender.
- Pour the puree into the pan and add salt and the remaining water and let it boil under low flame.
- Switch of the gas once you see the soup becoming frothy.
- Take a hand mortar, add 1 tsp of oil and mint leaves and grind it nicely. Add the mint mix into the soup.
- Can add steamed broccoli/peas and blanched spinach too for variations.
- The folic acid in avocado is essential for the healthy growth of the baby’s organs, nervous system and brain development.
- The butter fruit is packed with vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, C, E, and K, all of which are essential for maternal diet and important for the growing foetus.
- The rich fibre content in avocado helps in digestion and eases bowel movements.
- When you are selecting the fruit, gently press it and check its firmness. It should not be too firm or too mushy.
- If it is too firm, wait a bit till it ripes, but if it is mushy, it must be discarded.
Download PDF: Avocado-Butter Fruit Special
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.