Asparagus Moong Dal TikkiLuke Coutinho
- ¼ cup moong dal (soaked for 8 hours, drained)
- 2 tbsp rice flour (slightly roasted and kept aside)
- 2 tbsp sattu flour (slightly roasted kept aside)
- 2 tbsp grated onions
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp dhaniya jeera powder/coriander seeds powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 -3 spears of steamed and thinly chopped asparagus
- 1 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil
- sesame seeds roasted to garnish
- Take ¼ cup moong dal in an open pan.
- Add enough water so that all the moon dal is soaked.
- Cook until soft.
- Add some more water if required.
- Keep stirring until dal becomes thick (evaporate as much water as possible).
- Let it cool down.
- In another pan, heat 1 tsp oil and add ginger paste.
- Now add grated onions.
- Sauté until they start becoming pink. Add some salt (enough for onions) at this stage.
- Now add turmeric, dhaniya jeera powder.
- Turn off the gas and add the cooled moong dal mixture.
- Add rice and sattu flour, chopped mint leaves, asparagus and mix.
- Make 3-4 medium tikkis.
- Roll them on sesame seeds.
- Roast them on a tawa on a medium flame until golden brown.
- Use oil for greasing.
- Place on a serving plate. Sprinkle chaat masala on the top.
- Serve with 2 tbsp. carrots, capsicums and onions cut into julienne along with coriander or mint chutney of choice.
- Power packed asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Protein rich tikki with the goodness of dal can be relished by expecting mothers as well as the entire family.
Download PDF: Asparagus Moong Dal Tikki
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.