Carrot halwa – A bowlful of nourishment and goodnessPriyanka Vithlani
Carrot halwa - A bowlful of nourishment and goodness
- 2 carrots grated
- 250 ml A2 milk/almond/coconut milk
- 100 gms organic jaggery powder
- 100 ml A2 ghee
- To garnish pistachios & raisins
- ½ tsp powdered cardamom/elaichi
- Grate the carrots.
- Place the kadai/deep bottomed pan on the gas.
- Add 1 spoonful of ghee.
- Add grated carrots and powdered cardamom and fry for a few minutes.
- Add enough milk to soak the carrots and allow it to get cooked in medium flame.
- Once the carrot absorbs all the milk add broken jaggery and stir it well till the jaggery melts and starts cooking with carrots.
- Keep stirring constantly in medium flame. Add some ghee if the stirring gets tough till the halwa leaves the side.
- Switch off the gas and remove it from the stove.
- Garnish with pistachios and raisins.
- Serve hot.
- Carrots are loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and fiber.
- Carrots store Vitamin A in the form of beta carotene.
- It is an antioxidant which strengthens our immune system and helps us fight infections and inflammation.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply