Moong Sprouts Dosa
- 1 cup soaked overnight green split moong dal or 1 cup sprouted moong
- 1 inch ginger/adrak crushed
- 1/2 cup sattu flour
- 1 green chilli optional
- 2 tbsp poha (powdered) or groat oats powder
- salt as required
- 1/2 tsp hing/asafoetida
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (as required)
- 1 cup water
- In a mixer, grind together moong (soaked or sprouted), ginger and green chillies.
- Add one cup of water till it reaches a smooth batter like consistency.
- Add salt, hing, poha powder/oats powder and sattu flour to this batter and mix well so that no lumps remain.
- Allow it to ferment for 2 hours.
- Heat a tawa/pan.
- Add a ladleful of batter.
- Drizzle some oil on the tawa and cook the dosa on one side.
- Flip it to the other side.
- Let it cook well.
- Serve hot with chutney/dips/sambar.
- This can be made with chana sprouts, matki (moth bean sprouts) too.
- Add grated vegetables for more variety and taste.
- Sprouts are rich in protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- They are alkaline in nature thereby regulate and maintain the pH levels.
- Sprouts dosa /uthappam /pancake can be enjoyed and relished as an evening snack too.
- If you have a waffle maker, explore your creativity by making a sprouts waffle too.
Download PDF: Moong Sprouts Dosa