Bake Your Guilt-Free And Gluten-Free Pizza From ScratchPriyanka Vithlani
Pizzaway – Baking The Perfect Crust
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 raw banana, boiled and grated
- 2-3 tbsp of any gluten-free flour, amaranth/jowar
- 1.5 tbsp flax seed egg, Mix 1.5 tbsp ground flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp of water. Let sit in your fridge for 30 minutes to thicken
- A few drops of cold-pressed oil for greasing
- Chop and add cauliflower in a food processor or blender. Crush everything well.
- Steam it for 10 minutes.
- Remove excess water by squeezing it out.
- Add flax seed eggs, salt, and gluten-free flour. Mix and bind everything well.
- Grease a baking tray with a few drops of oil and flour.
- Spread the dough and flatten it well with your hands.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 350° C for 15-20 minutes on one side.
- Flip the base and bake again for 10 mins till the crust is dry and crispy.
Pizza preparation and assembling:
- Once the base is ready, spread the sauce on it.
- Add chopped veggies and cashew cheese.
- Garnish with a few more veggies of your choice.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180° C or lightly roast on a tawa until crispy.
Power tips and variations
- If cauliflower is unavailable, you can also alternate it with sweet potato, potato, beetroot, or broccoli.
- For the sauce, if you are allergic to tomatoes, avoid them. You can alternate it with roasted bell pepper or beetroot for delicious flavors and rich natural colors.
- The best way to swap the cashews for the cashew cheese is to use sunflower seeds.
- Cauliflower pizza crust contains protein and fiber and boasts of antioxidants - especially glucosinolates and isothiocyanates which are documented to slow the growth of cancer cells and are considered protective against colon, lung, breast, and prostate cancer.
- Apart from being an excellent source of lycopene and vitamins A, C, and K, tomatoes are also rich in potassium, a key nutrient for the smooth functioning of your heart, muscle contractions, and maintaining healthy blood pressure.
- Cashew cheese is rich in essential fatty acids, B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, calcium, Vitamin E, phenolic compounds, and oleic acid, which are necessary for heart health and make your blood vessels strong.
Creamaway – Classic Cashew Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashew, soaked overnight
- 1 cup boiled sweet potato purée
- 2 tbsp carrot purée
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cassava flour
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk/almond milk
- Soak 1 cup of raw cashews in water overnight (for at least 12 hours).
- Once your cashews have softened, strain and rinse and place them into a high-speed blender.
- Then, add 1 cup sweet potato purée, 2 tbsp carrot purée, salt, vegetable stock, 2 tsp olive, 1 tbsp cassava flour, and a little coconut or almond milk, as required.
- Blend on high speed until everything is puréed well.
- Check in between and scrape the sides.
- If your cheese is too thick, add 1 tbsp more vegetable stock to adjust the consistency.
Whipaway – A Tangy Saucy Delight
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 bowl bottle gourd, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp A2 ghee
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp mix of ginger and garlic paste
- A pinch of organic jaggery powder
- 1 tbsp sattu powder
- ¼ tsp basil powder
- ½ tsp oregano powder
- ½ tsp chilly powder
- Vegetables of your choice for topping, A2 paneer, mushrooms, lean-protein (free range chicken, bell pepper, corn (non-GMO), onions, olives)
- Pressure cook bottle gourd, ginger and garlic paste, and tomatoes for 3 to 4 whistles. Let it cool down completely.
- Add them to the blender with all other ingredients. Grind them to a paste.
- Heat the sauce in a skillet till it thickens by stirring continuously. Let it cool down.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply