Coconut Cacao Laddoos – Festive specialLuke Coutinho
- 2 cups freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup organic jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp roasted sattu
- 1 cup assorted nuts as per choice (slightly roast the pre-soaked, dried nuts and coarsely powder them)
- pumpkin seeds to garnish(pre-soaked)
- Heat the pan. Add jaggery and water to the pan.
- Allow jaggery to melt slowly and stir the mixture often.
- Let the mixture boil on high flame for around 5-6 minutes.
- Once the jaggery syrup is thick enough, add fresh grated coconut and mix it thoroughly.
- Coconut will start releasing its water and moisture.
- Stir it in regular intervals in slow gas till it starts leaving the side.
- Finally, the coconut mixture should be a little dry so that laddoos can be formed.
- Now add cardamom powder, assorted nuts powder, cacao and sattu and give it a nice stir again for 2 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Keep the cooked mixture aside for some time.
- Take the lukewarm mixture and form laddoos with it.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds (pre-soaked).
- Laddoos are a traditional Indian sweet and relished by all generations.
- Jaggery is rich in antioxidants and rich in zinc and selenium thereby boosting the overall immunity.
- Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fibre, Vitamin E, B1, B3 also helps in reducing the risk of heart disease and improves good cholesterol.
- Raw cacao is the storehouse of antioxidants and magnesium having a positive effect on the brain and heart health too.
- Can add roasted coarsely powdered makhana or roasted groats oats powder to the laddoo too.
Download PDF: Coconut Cacao Laddoos
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply