Jackfruit Tikki – Snack Right, Bite After BitePriyanka Vithlani
Jackfruit Tikki – Snack Right, Bite After Bite
- 500 gms raw jackfruit
- 4 garlic pods
- 2 green chilies
- 1- inch ginger
- 1 tsp immunity powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp green peas
- A pinch of carom seeds (Ajwain) and cumin powder
- 3 tbsp sattu and roasted oats flour
- Salt as per taste
- Cold-pressed groundnut oil for pan-frying
- Oil your hands and peel the raw jackfruit with a knife. It will ensure your hands don’t get sticky by the end of the process.
- Wash and boil the jackfruit in a pressure cooker for two whistles.
- Once it cools down, mash it.
- Now add two to three tablespoons of green peas to it.
- Grind two green chilies, four garlic pods, and an inch of ginger into a paste.
- Add this paste to the boiled mashed jackfruit.
- Add one teaspoon of garam masala, immunity powder, salt, and three tablespoons of sattu and oats flour next.
- Add a pinch of carom seeds and cumin powder. Mix everything well.
- Next, heat a few drops of oil in a pan. Once the oil heats, take a small portion of the mashed jackfruit mixture in your hand and mold it gently into a tikki.
- Pan-fry on both sides until crisp and golden brown.
- Known as the magic healer, jackfruit is rich in Vitamin C and contains phytonutrients.
- It is rich in fiber and protein. Its antiviral and antibacterial properties make it excellent for your immune system.
- Cook it in the form of curries, tikkis, and salads, and reap the benefits of its rich and diverse components.
Please keep your healthcare provider in the loop before introducing any new food item into your lifestyle, especially if you have a medical health condition or are on medications. In case you are allergic to certain foods, please avoid the same.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply