Festival of Colours – Celebrate Holi With a Nutritious ThandaiPriyanka Vithlani
Festival of Colours – Celebrate Holi With a Nutritious Thandai
- Mixer /blender
- Serving glasses
Ingredients for thandai masala:
- 1/4 cup pistachio unsalted
- 1/4 cup mix of walnuts and cashew nuts unsalted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons melon seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 10 pods green cardamom seeds only
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- Place all the ingredients in a clean, dry coffee/ masala grinder.
- Grind the above ingredients to a fine powder.
- Leave the mixture to a little chunky in texture
- Store in air tight jar and refrigerate.
Preparation of homemade almond milk:
- Soak 10-12 almonds overnight. Next day, discard the water and blenderize the soaked almonds using a bit of water to make a fine paste. Then add a glass of water to get a thin consistency milk. Do not sieve (keep the fiber intact).
- Blend a glass of almond milk, some organic jaggery or raw unpasteurized honey as per your choice, and according to your taste and 2 teaspoons of thandai masala in a blender. Taste and adjust for sweetness. Serve in a glass or even better, a kulhad and garnish with dried rose petals/saffron/chopped pistachios. Enjoy chilled!
- Thandai is a traditional cooling and refreshing drink made with dried nuts, seeds and flavourful spices. It’s perfect to keep body cool during the beginning of summer months.
- Small amount of poppy seeds in thandai help relieve gastrointestinal irritation and also prevent constipation.
- Fennel seeds and rose petals have a cooling effect and improve the digestive health.
- Adding nuts and seeds make it a natural energizer.
- Spices like peppercorns boost immunity and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Saffron has antidepressant and anti-oxidative properties.
- Almond milk is naturally rich in several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin E.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today