Savoury Pea Tart – Subtle crunch for a sumptuous BrunchPriyanka Vithlani
Savoury Pea Tart - Subtle crunch for a sumptuous brunch
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix of Amaranth and raw banana flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ Tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup green peas blanched
- 250 g homemade cashew cheese/almond cheese.
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- Fresh microgreens for garnish
- Heat oven at 375F.
- Add all the ingredients for the crust in a medium bowl. Mix them well using a fork.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for a couple of minutes.
For the filling
- Add mint, onion, cashew cheese, oregano in the food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge.
- Grease a tart pan with some unsalted butter.
- Pour the crust dough into the pan.
- The crust dough will be extra sticky and wet.
- Start spreading it all over the pan using a fork.
- Add cashew cheese and spread it evenly.
- Add green peas and mint garnish.
- Drizzle a few drops of olive oil on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh microgreens and serve .
- We can use any gluten free flour as per availability.
- Using sliced zucchini and tomatoes also gives it an amazing taste.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply