Turmeric Sesame Ladoos – Anti-inflammatory Bombs!Luke Coutinho
Reap the multiple benefits of these bite sized ladoo from your very own kitchen pharmacy
- 1/3 cup jaggery powder/grated jaggery
- 2 tbsp dry ginger powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 3-4 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tbsp lightly roasted sesame seeds (black or white)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except ghee.
- Add melted ghee slowly to the dry mix.
- Mix everything with your fingers to make a dough that’s wet enough to bind together.
- Pinch out a bit of dough and roll to make a small ball – about the size of a marble.
- Make more balls of the same size till all the dough is used up.
- Store the balls in an air tight container. The balls remain good at room temperature for 10 days.
- Jaggery is loaded with various antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. It’s a great digestive aid, boosts immunity and guards the body against the harmful pathogens.
- Ginger powder is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Turmeric has been shown to increase the immunity-boosting proteins in the body, is packed with antioxidants and possesses anti-inflammatory properties too.
- Black pepper contains minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, as well as vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and vitamin B6.
- Ghee, a nutritional powerhouse contains plentiful amounts of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K. These nutrients are essential to a wide range of body functions from the brain to the immune system.
- Sesame seeds are rich in calcium, magnesium and helps balances hormones.
- One can also use dates or honey to sweeten. Add coconut flakes for garnishing.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Turmeric Sesame Ladoos
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply