Raw Banana CurryPriyanka Vithlani
Raw Banana Curry
- Cooking pot
- Cooking pan
- Wooden ladle
- 5 to 6 raw green bananas
- 1 tbsp Cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 – 2 Red chillies soaked dried and made into a paste
- 4 – 5 Cloves of garlic
- ½ tbsp Fresh turmeric grated or 2 tsp of Immunity powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh ginger/adrak grated
- 1 tsp Jeera/cumin
- 2 tsp Mustard/rai seeds
- 2 cups Fresh coconut/nariyal milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh tamarind/imli paste
- 4 to 5 tbsp Chopped coriander/dhaniya
- 4 to 5 tbsp Chopped basil
- Salt as per taste
- Take a pot, fill it with water and add the bananas (single piece separately).
- Bring it to boil for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Once you see the banana losing its colour, turn off the gas and keep it aside.
- Once it is cooled completely, peel and chop into cubes evenly.
- In a pan, take coconut oil; add jeera, mustard seeds, onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and red chilli paste.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Now, stir in the chopped bananas; add coconut milk and tamarind paste.
- Cover it with the lid, and let it cook well on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add coriander, basil, and salt as per taste.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
- If the gravy looks too thin, add some sattu flour mixed with water.
- Add other vegetables along with the banana for more flavour.
- Never keep the open-cut banana in the open for too long as it gets oxidised and turns black.
- Immediately boil the banana in water and cook till mushy. Once cooled, peel it immediately and use.
- Raw bananas contain two types of fibre - resistant starch and pectin which makes one feel fuller.
- They also help in controlling sugar levels post meals.
- They are rich in potassium, and help in better iron absorption.
- They work as an excellent probiotic, feeding the friendly bacteria in the gut.
Need help to reach your wellness goals? We help you find a way. Be a part of a personalized You Care Wellness program that revolves around YOU and work one-on-one with our integrative team of experts. Speak to our wellness consultants on 1800 102 0253 or email us at email@example.com to know more.
Why Choose You Care Wellness?
Because we help you find a way
- Luke Coutinho
Our You Care wellness programs are designed around the five fundamental intelligent systems within the human body involved in prevention, recovery, and rebuilding. Every program and protocol after a thorough diagnosis and prognosis is built around - Angiogenesis, DNA repair, Immunity and Inflammation, the Gut Microbiome, and Stem Cell Regeneration. Our approach involves using food synergy and deep cellular nutrition, exercise, sleep, and enhancing emotional wellness and lifestyle.
Our You Care wellness program respects the uniqueness of a person and works with an understanding that no one shoe fits all. Every program and journey is personalized according to the person's past and present lifestyle, ailment/disease, symptoms, and root causes. In integrative and lifestyle medicine, we focus on addressing the root cause of the problem and work to manage the side effects of medications and treatments that may cause secondary problems, issues, and discomfort. While symptoms are being treated, root causes must be addressed, and rebuilding with a focus on future prevention is important. On this journey with us, you have a team of highly trained nutritionists, clinical dietitians, allopathic doctors, yoga therapists, life coaches, and certified emotional counselors that will be assigned to your case according to your condition, if required.
Every disease requires this approach, from a simple case of acne to a rare syndrome, cancer. We help you find a way.
Our programs in no way guarantee you a cure or miraculous healing. We will never sell you anything in that light. We believe in a structured approach, knowledge, research, wisdom, and years of experience coming together to assess you and your condition as a unique one and plan your protocol along those lines.
We are not a replacement for your medical team and will never suggest otherwise unless we feel that your current medical approach is ineffective and dangerous to you.
We put care, love, respect, and understanding in our approach and design healthcare around the person first and then the disease. It is our commitment to simplifying health and lifestyle. We want to make wellness more enjoyable and wonderful, instead of horrible.
We commit our best to everyone who comes to us and while we can't always promise the result, we always promise to be there for you and give it our all to you, your family, loved ones. Our only hope is for you to get better and live a happier and healthier life.
A cure is not possible for many illnesses, but we firmly believe that there is always room for healing. Healing can be experienced as acceptance of illness and peace with one's life. This healing, we believe, is at its core - spiritual. Healing can comprise acceptance, letting go, the forgiveness of oneself or others, seeing with a different perspective, hope, faith, belief, prayer, and so much more. Healing is never someone making a promise to you that you will get better by selling you a special medicine, supplement, chant, prayer, magic stones, magic oils, and so on. Healing and recovery are different. In our experience, we see dying patients who start to heal, and sometimes as they heal the past and present, their condition can improve, sometimes, nothing happens, but the patient gets emotionally happier and stronger as they heal at all levels even if the disease cannot be cured.