Non dairy kadhiPriyanka Vithlani
- Whisker/hand blender
- Iron kadhai/steel kadhai
- 2/3 cup Thick coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Roasted sattu flour
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp A2 cow ghee
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 inch Ginger ground to a paste
- Handful curry leaves
- Juice of 1 medium sized lemon
- To taste Pink Himalayan salt
- A pinch Turmeric powder
- Prepare a slurry of the sattu in 3 cups of water.
- If the coconut milk is watery instead of thick, use less than 3 cups of water here.
- Roast the cumin seeds in 1 tsp ghee. When the cumin seeds begin to sputter, add large pieces of the green chillies, ginger paste and some curry leaves.
- To this seasoning add the sattu slurry and salt.
- If you like your kadhi to be yellow, add a little turmeric powder as well. Heat this liquid mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to low, add the coconut milk and simmer for just a minute.
- Very important for the flame to be low and to heat the coconut milk for only a short duration, otherwise the coconut milk splits.
- Switch off the gas and add juice of half a lemon.
- Serve hot.
The mix of spices make it anti-inflammatory and easy digesting curry that goes well with most dishes.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply