Morning Sickness TeaLuke Coutinho
Nausea and vomiting are common discomforts for a pregnant mother. It is a feeling similar to that of a hangover, but happens without a drop of alcohol! For some mothers, it lasts only for the initial few months of pregnancy and for some, throughout the pregnancy.
Well, if pregnancy nausea is dampening your mornings, here is a simple tea that can help soothe this sickness. The antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory property of peppermint reduces the tendency to feel nauseous, while ginger helps with controlling vomiting and feelings of giddiness. With every sip of this tea, you will feel that sick feeling slipping away.
- ½ tablespoon of dried peppermint leaves or fresh peppermint leaves OR 2 – 3 teaspoons of fresh organic lemon balm or dried lemon balm
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup of water
- Raw honey to taste
- Boil one cup of water in a saucepan.
- Add ½ tablespoon of the dried peppermint leaves and ¼ teaspoon of grated ginger in the boiling water.
- Allow it to boil for two minutes.
- Turn off the gas and allow it to steep.
- Strain it into a cup.
- When it is warm enough to be sipped, add raw honey as per taste.
- Sip the tea slowly.
- You can replace peppermint leaves with lemon balm leaf too, in case peppermint does not suit you.
- Lemon balm tea has a soothing and calming effect on the body and helps ease digestion too.
- Consuming ginger in moderation during pregnancy can help the body to absorb nutrients more efficiently by stimulating gastric and pancreatic enzymes.
- Lemon (or ginger or peppermint) essential oils can also be sniffed in case brewing a tea is not possible. Simply rub a drop between your palms, and then inhale this whenever nausea hits.
- Please check with your doctor or OB/GYN before adding any new food item into your nutrition plan.
Download PDF: Morning Sickness Tea
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.