Poha Chiwda (Traditional Indian Snack)Priyanka Vithlani
Poha Chiwda (Traditional Indian Snack)
- Cooking pan/iron kadhai
- 2 cups Poha/Beaten rice preferably thin and roasted
- 1/2 tsp Rai/Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Fried dal bengal gram roasted
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1-2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp Immunity boosting powder recipe
- Pink salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Cold pressed coconut Oil
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal and chana dal.
- When they start spluttering, add peanuts and bengal gram.
- Now add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, curry leaves, chaat masala and Immunity powder.
- Add poha now and fry well in medium heat until poha is well roasted (around 10 mins in medium flame is good enough).
- Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Store in airtight containers.
- Poha is rich in iron and fiber, easy to digest too.
- Adding the peanuts, chana dal, bengal gram and urad dal makes it rich in protein too.
- It has a longer shelf life and can be stored in airtight containers for 7 to 10 days.
- You can add makhana for extra crunch.
- Nuts and seeds can be added too.
- Poha can be replaced by oats in this recipe too.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today