Whip Your Own Zesty Salsa and Tangy Ketchup at HomePriyanka Vithlani
Zesty Salsa – Whip Your Salsa From Scratch
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin, jeera powder to taste
- 1 tsp natural salt mix to taste
- 1 tsp organic jaggery powder
- A bunch of cilantro
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Add all ingredients to the food processor.
- Pulse a few times to break up the large pieces, then process until the texture is smooth.
- Taste the salsa and adjust as necessary.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or two days for the best flavor.
- If you prefer chunky salsa, then omit the blender. Just add the chopped ingredients and enjoy.
- Branch out by incorporating new ideas. Adding beans and raw mangoes will create a burst of flavors in every bite. Pair this with gluten-free crackers/bread or fresh vegetables.
- Shelf life: Homemade Salsa lasts for 5 to 6 days and requires refrigeration.
- This power-packed salsa is made of tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos and is rich in Vitamin C/ascorbic acid and lycopene.
- Vitamin C improves collagen production, immunity, and iron absorption and maintains cartilage and bone health.
- To make a quick dip while the tomatoes are unavailable, puree the pre-soaked cooked beans and add the herbs and lemon juice.
Tangy Tomato Sauce – Quick Fix Sauce
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red paprika or chili flakes, as per availability
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 kg pureed red tomatoes
- 1 tbsp beetroot puree
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine the oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and garlic in a saucepan.
- Sauté over medium-high heat until everything is fragrant. Ensure you do not brown the garlic.
- Stir in the tomatoes and beetroot puree, and bring it to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from heat and taste. Adjust salt as required. Add lemon juice.
- Mix and let it cool
- Add herbs as per availability in your kitchen.
- Add 4 tsp jaggery for the sweetness required.
- Use this sauce to jazz up your pasta, pizzas, and vegetable gravies preparations. Add A2 cream for a rich flavor and consistency.
- Store the sauce in a glass jar in the refrigerator and use it as per requirement.
- Shelf life: 6 to 7 days. Use dry wooden or glass spoons only.
- Lycopene-rich tomatoes have cancer-fighting properties, help maintain eye and heart health, keep the bones strong, boost immunity, and are also good for your brain.
- Apart from being an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, these are also rich in potassium, a key nutrient for the smooth functioning of your heart, muscle contractions, and maintaining healthy blood pressure.
- If you are allergic to tomatoes, avoid them. You can alternate it with roasted bell pepper/beets for delicious flavors and rich natural color.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply