Besan Ladoo – A Classic Indian SweetLuke Coutinho
- 1/3 cup A2 cow ghee
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas/gram flour
- ½ cup organic powdered jaggery
- ⅛ teaspoon green cardamom seeds powder
- Heat the ghee in a pan on low heat. Once hot, add gram flour and mix.
- Roast the gram flour on low flame stirring continuously.
- In the beginning, it will be a little lumpy and it will be an effort to stir, but keep on stirring.
- As it roasts, it starts to loosen up and becomes like a thick paste. It will not be lumpy anymore.
- You will also feel the texture has become light now.
- As it starts to change colour, there’d be a nutty aroma and the paste will be a little runny with ghee oozing out.
- This is when the gram flour is roasted and ready.
- Transfer it to a plate and let it cool.
- Now add powdered jaggery and cardamom powder.
- Mix well with your fingertips and form a loose dough.
- Roll it into small ladoos and garnish it with chopped nuts.
- Homemade sweets are never a problem. Lifestyle is. Enjoy and relish the beauty of Indian homemade sweets by making it the right way and eating it rightly too.
- Gram flour is highly nutritious due to its high protein content, fibre, iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, folate and Vitamin B-6.
- It’s easy to carry and can be relished in moderation by diabetics too.
- Variation: Adding a pinch of turmeric, pepper and topping it sesame seeds makes it even more nutritious and immunity boosting.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Besan Ladoo
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.