Besan Ladoo – A Classic Indian Sweet
- 1/3 cup A2 cow ghee
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas/gram flour
- ½ cup organic powdered jaggery
- ⅛ teaspoon green cardamom seeds powder
- Heat the ghee in a pan on low heat. Once hot, add gram flour and mix.
- Roast the gram flour on low flame stirring continuously.
- In the beginning, it will be a little lumpy and it will be an effort to stir, but keep on stirring.
- As it roasts, it starts to loosen up and becomes like a thick paste. It will not be lumpy anymore.
- You will also feel the texture has become light now.
- As it starts to change colour, there’d be a nutty aroma and the paste will be a little runny with ghee oozing out.
- This is when the gram flour is roasted and ready.
- Transfer it to a plate and let it cool.
- Now add powdered jaggery and cardamom powder.
- Mix well with your fingertips and form a loose dough.
- Roll it into small ladoos and garnish it with chopped nuts.
- Homemade sweets are never a problem. Lifestyle is. Enjoy and relish the beauty of Indian homemade sweets by making it the right way and eating it rightly too.
- Gram flour is highly nutritious due to its high protein content, fibre, iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, folate and Vitamin B-6.
- It’s easy to carry and can be relished in moderation by diabetics too.
- Variation: Adding a pinch of turmeric, pepper and topping it sesame seeds makes it even more nutritious and immunity boosting.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Besan Ladoo
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today