Serves : 2
- 2 tbsp sattu powder
- 3 tbsp fresh A2 organic curd
- 2 cups water
- black pepper a pinch.
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin/jeera powder
- pink salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Whisk the curd till smooth.
- Add all the ingredients to the yoghurt.
- Dilute with water. Some prefer my buttermilk thin, so add water accordingly.
- Serve immediately. You could also refrigerate and serve later.
For garnish :
- Finely chopped coriander and mint leaves
- You can also add 1/2 tsp. finely grated ginger if it suits you
- You can also make simple version with just cumin powder and pink salt added to curd and water.
- Some people like to add a tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves in oil to their buttermilk.
Download PDF: Sattu buttermilk