Kulith / Horse gram Soup
- 250g kulith/horse gram (soaked overnight)
- ½ tsp ethically sourced A2 cow ghee
- ½ tsp jeera/cumin
- 2-3 curry leaves/kadi patta
- ½ tbsp paste of fresh ginger and garlic
- ¼ tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- ½ cup water
- pink himalayan salt as per taste
- ¼ tsp kali mirch/pepper powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander /pureed coriander paste
- Soak kulith (250gms) overnight.
- Pressure cook it the next day.
- Now add ½ tsp ghee, ¼ tsp jeera and 2 to 3 curry leaves, to the pan.
- Now add ½ tbsp mix of ginger and garlic paste.
- Add in the boiled kulith dal.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder or immunity powder , along with ½ cup of water.
- Let it boil.
- Once done add chopped or pureed coriander paste.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste. Relish.
- To make it a one pot soup, you can also add 2 tbsp boiled rice/millet rice in it.
- Kulith/horse gram is a true Indian superfood that’s rich in polyphenols and flavonoids
- Rich in iron, it also has higher calcium content among pulses and is one of the richest vegetarian sources of protein.
- Its low carb but provides great energy. It’s great for gut, urinary and bladder health, hair and skin, weight and constipation.
- Its high in fibre and works as a natural diuretic.
- The super power magic legume can reduce flatulence and control various menstrual problems too.
Download PDF: Horse gram Soup