– 1 cup green moong dal (Whole)
– 1 tablespoon rice flour
– 1/2 cup bottle gourd (lauki) grated
– 2 green chillies, chopped
– 1 Inch ginger, chopped
– 1 tablespoon coriander (dhania) leaves, finely chopped
– asafoetida (hing), a pinch
– pink himalayan salt , to taste
– 2 teaspoons oil (cold pressed coconut oil/ organic ghee)
– water, as required
1. To begin making Lauki And Whole Green Moong Dal Cheela Recipe, soak whole green gram
for 14-16 hours.
2. Wash and drain green gram. You can now proceed to prepare the batter for the cheela.
3. To prepare the cheela batter, blend soaked green gram, ginger and chilies in a mixer to a
smooth batter adding enough water.
4. The batter should have a consistency thicker than a dosa batter as the addition off lauki will in
turn add more water to the batter.
5. Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl.
6. At this stage, grate the lauki and add to the batter. Add chopped coriander leaves, salt, rice
flour and hing.
7. Add water if needed and prepare batter just like that of a dosa batter consistency.
8. Heat a tava or frying pan. Take a ladle full of batter and pour over the tava. Spread the batter
in circular motion from inside out.
9. Pour a teaspoon of oil all over the sides of cheela and cook till it turns golden brown on both
10. Similarly, prepare rest of the cheelas.
● Lauki and Whole Green Moong Dal Cheela, a delicious protein rich breakfast which you can
also make for your mid day snack. Serve it with Green Chutney.
● Its a good cereal-puse combo and is gluten free and vegan.
● Nutritious bottle gourd combined with high protein whole green moong dal makes a protein
rich and high fiber much-needed breakfast for vegetarians.
● Before adding lauki it is always better to cut a piece from the end and taste it . Do not to use
if it tastes bitter or is brown in color.
● Soaking dals makes it easier to digest and washes away the anti-nutritional factors.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply