Breakfast Oat Groats – Turbo charge morning routinePriyanka Vithlani
Breakfast Oat Groats - Turbo charge morning routine
- Sauce pan
- ½ cup gluten free oat groats
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup almond milk optional
- A pinch of Sri Lankan rolled cinnamon
- 2 tsp chia seeds soaked
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin & sunflower seeds soaked seeds
- 2 tsp cashews, walnuts, almonds soaked and chopped nuts
- Heat water in a saucepan and once it comes close to boiling, add oats to it.
- Stir the oats into the simmering water. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is very thick.
- Continue to simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to prevent scorching on the bottom, until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. (If you have doubled the recipe, your oatmeal might need an extra 5 minutes cooking time).
- The oatmeal will be very creamy when it’s done.
- Remove from heat and stir in any mix-ins (such as cinnamon, raw cacao) that you like.
- Let the oatmeal rest for 5 minutes before serving so it has more time to thicken up and cool down at a palatable temperature.
- Once it cools down a bit, add 1 cup almond milk.
- Add toppings of seeds and nuts and relish warm.
- Some cranberries too can be added for the extra crunch and flavour.
- You could also pre-soak oat groats overnight to reduce cooking time.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply