Post Holi Skin Care Tips and Tricks – DIY Face and Hair PackPriyanka Vithlani
Face Pack – Repair and Retain Your Glowing Skin Post-Holi
- 2 tbsp besan gram flour
- ½ tbsp ground oats flour
- 1 tsp almond oil
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 to 4 tsp milk
- Take 2 tablespoons of besan (gram flour) and oats flour in a bowl. Add some almond oil, turmeric powder, and milk to it.
- Mix it well and apply it on a wet face.
- Let it dry completely and with your fingers, start scrubbing it off gently to remove the Holi colors.
- Wash it well and apply a mild moisturizing cream.
Variations and tips
- You can substitute the milk with curd and almond oil with coconut or olive oil too.
- Zinc present in gram flour helps fight skin infections and also helps control excess sebum production and soothes inflamed skin.
- Turmeric helps improve skin tone irregularities like blotchiness and redness, making it appear softer and smoother.
- Saponin present in oats flour helps work as a natural skin cleanser.
Hair Pack – Prevent and Heal Hair Damage Post-Holi
- 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds methi seeds
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp of raw honey
- Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight and blend it to make a paste in the morning.
- Add the paste to a mixture of yogurt, olive oil, and raw honey.
- Apply it to the hair and scalp and leave it for 45 minutes
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and a conditioner.
Variations and tips
- If fenugreek seeds are unavailable, you can add fenugreek powder or neem leaf powder too.
- Methi seeds contain large amounts of lecithin, which hydrates the hair and strengthens the roots or hair follicles.
- Yogurt helps regulate the pH level of the scalp and helps unclog your hair follicles.
- Raw honey and olive oil are rich in antioxidants and help restore moisture to dry and damaged hair.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply