Savoury muffins – Enjoy the crunch of the leisurely baked muffin munchPriyanka Vithlani
Savoury muffins - Enjoy the crunch of the leisurely baked muffin munch.
- Muffin trays
- Mixing Bowls
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Jowar Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sattu flour
- 1/4 Cup Mix of chopped broccoli and blanched spinach puree
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tsp Flaxseed powder Add 4 Tsp Water and beat it till a gel like mixture is obtained
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper powder
- 1/8 Tsp Carom seeds
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tray and keep aside.
- Dry roast jowar flour and sattu flour on a low flame .
- Add water to flaxseed powder and make a gel.
- Keep aside.
- Take the jowar flour, sattu flour in a mixing bowl.
- Now add other dry ingredients.
- Finally add the Broccoli and spinach and mix well.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and finally water as per needs to make batter of pouring consistency.
- Fill the muffin tray with the prepared batter and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once done check the muffins using a toothpick , If the batter sticks, then bake further for a few more minutes.
- Remove the tray and allow it to cool down for 10 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm.
- We can use ragi flour or any gluten free flour for this recipe.
- Add assorted vegetables as per seasonal availability.
- We can replace the flax meal with an egg too.
- Sattu is rich in fiber, protein, iron, manganese and magnesium.
- Jowar flour has immense amounts of calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium and sodium.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply