Grandma’s All time special- Simple Rajma curryPriyanka Vithlani
Grandma's All time special- Simple Rajma curry
- 1 cup Rajma soaked for 24 hours with water being changed at regular intervals
- ½ tbsp coconut oil/A2 ghee
- 1 quarter piece of bay leaf tej patta
- 2 pods of elaichi cardamom
- 1 inch of cinnamon dalchini
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup of fresh tomato puree
- 1/4 tsp of IMMUNITY powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil or A2 ghee in a pan on medium heat, once the oil is hot add bay leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and sauté for a minute.
- Add finely chopped onions and cook for 2–3 minutes till translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Once the ginger-garlic is done, add fresh tomato puree and mix.
- Cover the pan and let the mixture cook for 10 min on medium heat.
- Add the dry spices: cumin powder, IMMUNITY powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
- Add salt and mix.
- Cook the spices for 2 min.
- Now add 1 cup of water and lastly add pressure cooked rajma or any dal.
- Let it cook on a slow flame.
- Taste and adjust as per the consistency required.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and a dollop of ghee.
• Can add coconut milk to get a creamy texture.
• Make sure the whole pulses (rajma and chole) are soaked for 24 hours, lentils and dals for 8–10 hours, water being changed at regular intervals to aid digestion.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today