One-Pot Immunity Boosting SoupLuke Coutinho
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil /A2 cow ghee
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Luke’s immunity powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large sweet potato diced into ½” cubes
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (soaked for 24 hrs with water being changed at regular intervals)
- 1/2 cup red lentils/masur dal (soaked overnight).
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup spinach – finely chopped.
- salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, heat coconut oil over medium heat for one minute.
- Add the chopped onion and cook over medium heat for three to four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Add turmeric and immunity powder and continue to cook for one minute.
- Add lemon juice, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, red lentils/masur dal and water and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about five minutes.
- Add spinach and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Close the lid.
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once cool down, stir with the ladle.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Relish and enjoy.
- If spinach is not available use coriander/kale as per availability.
- Make sure spinach is organic or garden grown.
- White chick peas can be also replaced by lobia/black eyed beans too.
Download PDF: One-pot-Immunity-Boosting-Soup