Low on energy – Try the Classic Cacao balls with power packed ingredientsPriyanka Vithlani
Low on energy - Try the Classic Cacao balls with power packed ingredients
- Food processor
- Air tight container
- Pulse the almonds, walnuts, sattu, cacao and salt in a food processor until the nuts break down and combine with the other ingredients.
- Add the dates and a tablespoon of water and run the food processor until the mixture becomes thick and sticky.
- You should be able to squeeze a bit of the mixture between your fingers. If it’s too loose and crumbly, add another tablespoon of water and process until everything comes together.
- Scoop pieces of the mixture and roll it into balls between your palms, slightly smaller than the size of a golf ball.
- Line them up on the baking sheet and place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour, overnight if possible.
- Sprinkle some fresh/dry coconut over the balls. (optional)
- Store the raw cacao energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Raw cacao is a storehouse of antioxidants that have a positive effect on heart and brain health and inflammation.
- Cacao and dates, both contain great levels of magnesium, which is an essential mineral during times of stress and helps you to feel more relaxed.
- These balls serve as great snack or dessert. It’s a great snack to carry during travel or hikes.
- Raw cacao is not to be confused for cocoa. Cacao is made by cold-pressing raw cacao beans ensuring that no nutrients are lost by heat treating.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today