Tips For Starting A Gluten-Free And Dairy-Free DietLuke Coutinho
“The problem is not with dairy or gluten. The problem is with the deteriorating quality of dairy and wheat-based products and our weak gut. If you have constant gut issues, eliminate them, and notice how your symptoms improve.”
If you have acne, gut problems, PCOD, hormonal imbalance, bloating, flatulence, belly fat, and brain fog, you may think eating dairy and gluten is harmless, and does not cause you any problems, but you never know until you try cutting it out. You may not necessarily be lactose-intolerant or have celiac, but you could have a weak and inflamed gut. These two food groups (gluten and casein) cause inflammation and also aggravate any existing inflammation.
What is the challenge?
Most people today have a problem with their gut health, and have weak and inflamed digestive systems. Knowing how critical your gut health is for everything right from weight to immunity to cognitive health, gluten and dairy elimination is one of the first steps to improve your gut. Gluten and casein are protein molecules that are potent allergens, and cause or trigger inflammation, which is why some people feel queasy after consuming them. What is worse is when these protein molecules cross our gut barrier and enter our bloodstream; it elicits an immune response against our own body, or cause immense gut discomfort. So, this challenge will allow our systems to be off dairy and gluten for some time. If you feel your health and symptoms improve with this challenge, then you can consider continuing with it.
- Do not consume dairy (casein, lactose) and wheat (gluten), and any dairy and gluten-containing products as well over the next seven days.
- Include alternatives like:
- Dairy alternatives: Nut milk (if you do not have any nut allergy), coconut milk, coconut yogurt, and rice milk.
- Gluten alternatives: Rice, chickpea flour (besan), organic non-GMO corn (makai atta), all kinds of millets, amaranth, and gluten-free oats groats/steel cut oats.
- Improved gut health, and reduced symptoms like bloating, indigestion, belching, and loose stools.
- Reduced allergies.
- Balanced sugar levels
- A beneficial lifestyle change, in case of a weak digestive system and autoimmune disease.
- Fat loss.
- Better skin.
- You feel light, energetic, and have fewer cravings.
- Reduced inflammation.
- Reduced mucous formation.
- Improved skin and hair health.
- Improved mental and physical energy.
- Read labels of packaged foods, as many have gluten in them. Opt for healthy gluten-free products.
- This is even more powerful when coupled with intermittent fasting, and the No- Sugar challenge.
- You can consume ethically sourced A2 ghee, as it is free of milk solids (clarified butter). While ghee is not dairy-free, it is lactose-free, and thus suitable for individuals who are intolerant to lactose.
- It is okay to include a little yoghurt and cheese “if you have to”, because the lactose inside is broken down by live bacteria, but ideally try and get off dairy and gluten entirely for five days.
- If you consume whey protein powder, try switching to a plant-based protein powder if you can, or sattu.
- Do not consume wheat, barley, semolina, durum wheat, or rye, as they all contain gluten.
- Avoid consuming milk, paneer, or butter.
Try this challenge out for five days. We have seen thousands of people stop this for a while, and the changes they experience are incredible. If you do not experience any changes, you may get back to eating gluten and dairy, but do try it at least once.
This is Meenakshi’s experience when she tried the challenge:
Hi Luke! My experience with a three-day dairy, wheat, and sugar-free diet was awesome. I don’t want to weigh myself to know if I have lost any weight, as I am feeling less bloated, less gassy, and I feel very light, energetic, and positive overall. So, these feelings are far above my weight loss. Thank you for guiding us and helping us with your expert advice. I am your regular follower, and I forgot to mention that my back pain has reduced to some extent (if not completely), since the day I started intermittent fasting. And, I am doing intermittent fasting for almost 15 days now. I hope to see better results in the longer run. I have simply fallen in love with all your advice. Thank you so much, and may GOD bless you with a long and healthy life!
Disclaimer: If you are already on a personalized program, please keep your health coach or doctor in the loop.
List of some of Luke’s Wellness Market recommended products that can help you through this challenge:
- Gluten-free alternatives
- Country Kitchen – Spinach Quinoa Flour
- Crashola – Banana Semolina
- Millet Amma – Organic Barnyard Idli Dosa Batter
- Satvyk – Bajra
- Satvyk – Jowar flour
- Nutty Yogi – Multimillet Cheela Mix
- Early foods – Millet Jaggery Cookies
- Satvyk – Moringa Khichdi Mix
- Four Thirty – Sorghum Masala Puff
- Dairy-free alternatives
- Bombay Cheese Company – Cheddar Cheese Block
- Healiva – Almond Milk
You can buy it here (DM) or message on 7710744640.
- Health and Mo – Peanut Yogurt
To buy, call 99200 45333 (Madhavi Barot)
- Jus Amazin- Almond Milk
- Katharos – Vegan Feta Cheese
Gluten & Dairy Free Recipes:
- Non-Dairy Kadhi
- Ragi Chocolate Sheera
- Natural Protein Booster
- Breakfast Oat Groats
- Lauki Moong Dal Dosa
- Moringa Khichdi
YouCare Is All About YOU
You cannot pour from an empty cup. So build YOU first before nourishing the world. You Care is all about YOU. - Luke Coutinho
We are a team/ecosystem of highly-trained registered clinical dietitians, certified nutritionists, experienced life coaches, yoga experts, emotional counselors, skilled allopathic medical practitioners, and homeopathy doctors who adopt a 360-degree approach and combine medicine and lifestyle to transform lives. We work on holistic prevention care and recovery by emphasizing the four pillars of health — Balanced Nutrition, Adequate Exercise, Quality Sleep, and Emotional Detox.
We, humans, are products of nature. So, we thrive best when we operate within the laws and boundaries of nature. This includes the way we eat, move, sleep, think, our spiritual outlook, all of which can vary from individual to individual.
We believe in addressing the root cause and bio-individuality which respects you as a unique individual. Recovery begins when we respect medicine and focus beyond it too. We help you create the right external and internal environment that enables the intelligence of your body to kick in and contribute to prevention, recovery, and healing.
Our integrative and preventive lifestyle programs have helped hundreds of thousands manage conditions ranging from cancer, diabetes, thyroid, cardiovascular, autoimmune disorders, low immunity to other rare syndromes.
You can read the life-changing journeys and powerful testimonials of people that pour in from across the globe here.
Our team is here to help you. Be a part of our integrative wellness programs by clicking here or book a consultation to be guided in the right direction. Call us on 18001020253 or write to us at email@example.com.