Dal Palak (Indian Lentil and Spinach Curry)Luke Coutinho
- 1/2 cup yellow lentil / dhuli moong dal / masur dal pre-soaked for 8 hrs
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup spinach / palak / fresh fenugreek leaves (methi) – chopped as per availability
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp immunity powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp A2 ghee
- 1 tsp ginger – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp hing (asafoetida)
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander – chopped
- Wash the dal and transfer it to a pressure cooker.
- Add 3 cups of water, chopped spinach / methi, salt and turmeric powder, immunity powder.
- Pressure cook till done (2-3 whistles).
- Once done, open the lid.
- Add lemon juice in cooked dal.
- Transfer the dal in the serving bowl.
- Heat A2 ghee in a small pan.
- When the ghee is hot, add ginger and garlic.
- Fry till garlic is slightly browned.
- Add cumin seeds and hing.
- Switch off the gas, pour the tadka over the dal.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice/ roti/ bhakri as per choice
- Dal Palak is an instant pot-friendly dish, rich in protein and fibre.
- You may use any dal from yellow moong dal, green moong dal, pink masoor to pigeon peas, chana dal too.
- Be sure of using chemical free spinach and preferably garden grown.
- Clean spinach leaves extremely well, especially during the monsoon season.
Download PDF: Dal Palak
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply