Souplicious time -A must try one pot immunity pumpkin soup.Priyanka Vithlani
Souplicious time -A must try one pot immunity pumpkin soup.
- Immersion blender
- Cooking pot
- 1 red onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 handful red lentils pre-soaked
- 1 handful split peas pre-soaked
- 1 cup pumpkin yellow
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger garlic paste
- 4 cups water
- to taste Pink Himalayan salt (black pepper, red paprika, turmeric, thyme)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil
- Peel and slice onions, slice carrots.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pot, then add the vegetables and cook on medium, stirring regularly, for a couple of minutes, until the vegetables soften.
- Then add lentils, split peas, pumpkin, ginger garlic paste, spinach and pour over water. Add more water if needed.
- Season to taste, bring to a boil and then cook on low flame for about 30 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are cooked thoroughly.
- Remove about half the soup from pot and blend it with an immersion blender.
- Blend until smooth to your liking, then add it back to the rest of the soup and stir to combine.
- Serve hot.
- Pumpkin is an incredibly rich source of antioxidants, Vitamin A, C and E.
- It’s an amazing immunity boosting vegetable for this monsoon season.
- It makes a hi-fibre meal that keeps you fuller for longer.
- Feel free to add some fresh micro-greens and roasted makhana over it for added crunch.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today
Leave a Reply