Jowar upma – Instant one pot savoury upmaPriyanka Vithlani
Jowar upma - Instant one pot savoury upma
- Pressure cooker
- Cooking pan
- 1 cup whole jowar soaked for 8-10 hours
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup beans finely chopped
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 2 green chilies optional
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp pre soaked urad dal
- 1/4 tsp pre soaked chana dal
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp A2 ghee
- 4 cups water
- Thoroughly wash and soak the jowar grains overnight for at least 8 to 10 hrs.
- Pressure-cook jowar grains along with 4 cups of water,salt and a pinch of turmeric.
- After 2 whistles on medium flame, turn the flame off and let it cool down .
- The jowar is now ready to use.
- In a pan, heat some ghee followed by curry leaves, mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal.
- As they crackle, add finely chopped onions followed by green chilies and ginger.
- Allow it to saute till onions are translucent.
- Next, add the vegetables, turmeric powder and cover and let it cook until the vegetables are soft and tender .
- Now add the boiled jowar, salt and black pepper.
- Cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to low and let the jowar upma cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix them all nicely again.
- Turn the flame off and drizzle lemon juice .
- Garnish with coriander mint leaves.
- Serve hot with chutney of choice.
- Jowar is the most versatile millet and is rich in B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc.
- It is also an excellent source of fiber, antioxidants, and protein.
- We can replace the Jowar grains with Jowar rava or Ragi Rava too.
- Use the vegetables as per seasonal availability.
From a pimple to cancer, our You Care Wellness Program helps you find a way
Talk to our integrative team of experts today